This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
I think you shouldn’t buy a golf disc without looking up the information carefully. At the outside, they don’t look that much different but it makes the difference indeed. Picking a right golf disc can help you improve your skills, or even win a game if you want.
I know it can be hard to decide the best disc golf driver because a good one should be suitable for the player’s throwing style, strengths and weaknesses. If you a new with disc golf, it is even more difficult.
To make it easier for you, I have compiled the detailed information and a buying guide in this post. Don’t miss it!
- The 7 Best Disc Golf Discs Of All Time Ever Written
- #1 Axiom Discs Proton Insanity Disc Golf Driver
- #2 Innova Champion Roc3
- #3 Dynamic Discs Prime Burst Disc Golf Starter Set
- #4 Innova DX Leopard Golf Disc
- #5 MVP Disc Sport Neutron Tesla Disc Golf Driver
- #6 MVP Disc Sports Proton Atom Disc Golf Putter
- #7 Discraft Jawbreaker Banger GT Putter 170-172 Golf Disc
- How to choose the best disc golf disc
- Lastest Disc Golf Discs Bestselling ON SALE
The 7 Best Disc Golf Discs Of All Time Ever Written
There are a lot of options on the market to choose which might be confuse to you. Below is the 7 best disc golf discs that you can check to get more ideas what to buy.
#1 Axiom Discs Proton Insanity Disc Golf Driver
The Insanity is the first of their 20 mm Distance Driver class for Anxiom Discs. It is considered as a worn-in MVP Inertia. I am sure that if you are in the disc golf world, you will know how popular the MVP Inertia is. The Axiom Insanity seems to be a bit less stable.
It is approved by the PGDA. This disc is made of high durable plastic which can cope with bad weather. There are different colors but they all look very cute and easy to find.
The Axiom Insanity is a disc made to throw for distance. The results can be very impressive because the rim is very easy to hold and the flight is under-stable. It comes with transparent optic effect to provide improved visibility in low-light conditions.
However, you should be able to control with the right power balance when you use to throw the disc. You will be happy about the results. With this disc, you might notice a very soft fade. The driver normally finishes to the left, yet it doesn’t cut in very hard. It won’t try to skip away from the thrower either.
- Approved by the PGDA
- Made of high durable plastic
- Various colors which are cute and easy to find
- Made to throw for distance
- Very easy to hold rim and under-stable flight
- Transparent optic effect to provide improved visibility in low-light conditions.
- Can control with the right power balance at throwing
- This disc has low fade
#2 Innova Champion Roc3
In my opinion, the Innova Champion Roc3 is one of the most popular disc golf brands now. The Innova company provides you with different designs for every levels, from beginners to professionals.
Each style of this disc, it has a different variation, including distance driver and putter. Everyone can find something they need here. This disc is a mid-distance one which can be played by newbie to have fun, or experienced tossers.
The weight ranges from 165 to 180g so that you can control the shots perfectly. This disc is very versatile. It can perform very well even in the windy weather. It is stable enough. It flies quite straight and predictable when you throw.
This is a transparent disc that comes with various colors for the reliable fade. The diameter of this disc is 21.7 cm.
- Different designs for all levels
- Each style is suitable for different players, including distance driver and putter
- The weight ranges from 165 to 180g to control the shots perfectly
- Versatile, stable
- It is straight and over stable when it flies
- Transparent disc that comes with various colors
- When it is new, the disc is over-stable and a little bit short in flight
#3 Dynamic Discs Prime Burst Disc Golf Starter Set
The Dynamic Discs Prime Burst set is a perfect option for beginners. In this set, you will find the most popular products from Dynamic discs to Burst mini. It comes with different weights and colors for you to choose.
To list in details, the four discs made for beginners includes 1 putter, 1 midrange, 1 distance driver and a mini disc. To highlight, the Judge putter has a great grip and easy for you to throw. The Truth midrange is very good too. Actually, you can play the whole course with only these two if you are a beginner.
The large set is a bit more suitable for higher level or advanced players, as it consists of a fairway and a high-speed driver. Either set, the discs all fly just great.
Some people said that it is not necessary to have a speed 9 and 12 drivers because a beginner is not able to work it out properly. That is not wrong. However, let’s look at brighter sight, you pay this money for the whole set, why don’t ask for more advanced ones. Your friends can use them to practice, or when your level is higher, you can do that too.
- Perfect set for beginners
- Different colors and weights
- The putter and midrange works really well for beginners
- Includes 2 discs for advanced players too
- Not as durable as expected
#4 Innova DX Leopard Golf Disc
The Innova DX Leopard Golf Disc is a wonderful fairway driver for beginners too. It is the best choice for straight line driver, anhyzer shots and roller shots. This brand is quite well-known for beginners.
It is super easy to throw far and straight. It also has an amazing glide. Overall, this disc is an excellent turn over disc and driver for all levels. And the experienced players like this disc, as they can throw maximum distance shots.
This disc is made from DX plastic which gives a good grip. The disc weighs from 145g to 180g. It is very reliable, even in windy weather. You can choose what fits your style and feel.
At start, the disc might be a bit over-stable, but the flight rating will improve gradually. And the price of this product is very reasonable.
- Works well for beginners and also for all levels
- Best choice for for straight line driver, anhyzer shots and roller shots
- Easy to throw far and straight
- Amazing glide
- Made of DX plastic to offer good grip
- Weight ranges from 145g to 180g
- Affordable price
- If you are unlucky, you might not get the color you want
#5 MVP Disc Sport Neutron Tesla Disc Golf Driver
Some people consider the MVP Tesla as a big brother to the MVP disc sports’ acclaimed fairway driver. If you want long-range pinpoint accuracy, you can choose this disc.
The Tesla might not be the fastest driver but it quite speedy as well. This disc features a fast stable option which is made for backhand or sidearm throwers. It is made from neutron plastic for unique look and feel. This product is approved by PDGA, which is suitable for all professional disc golf players.
The disc has a very flat top. This means it is a very slim profile. However, if you have bigger fingers, this might be a bit hard to grip because it is not deep enough.
They designed this disc in a way having “reliable fade”, stability, minimal turning, and extra distance when finishing. I think the Tesla flies very straight and can stand with strong wind.
- Suitable for professional disc golf players
- Made from neutron plastic for unique look and feel
- Approved by PDGA
- Flat top, slim profile
- Reliable fade
- Stable, straight flight even in strong wind
- Quite speedy
- Not the best for those who have big fingers
#6 MVP Disc Sports Proton Atom Disc Golf Putter
The MVP Disc Sports Proton Atom is an excellent disc with cool looking. It has a neutral stability, staying straight in the flight path with a subtle fade.
I highly recommend you to try to shoot this putter if you want to drive off the tee. It performs quite well, riding any line you release depending on how easy you throw it.
The shape, feel and size of the soft plastic material is very comfortable. Thanks to this, you can throw the disc to any desired direction. The subtle fade is quite consistent. This disc is very durable.
- Excellent disc with cool looking
- Neutral stable
- Straight flyer
- Well performing
- Shape, size and feel of the soft plastic material is very comfortable
- Consistent subtle fade
- If you use this disc for putting, it might fade earlier sometimes
#7 Discraft Jawbreaker Banger GT Putter 170-172 Golf Disc
The Discraft Jawbreaker is a very and functional golf disc. It is made of Jawbreaker plastic which brings good look and great grip to the disc. It is also weather resistant.
The Banger GT makes this disc reliable and stable when they fly to the target any time you throw. They design a pronounced groove top to create a stronger grip. It will be more stable and straighter when you throw.
This disc gives you a great feel. It is not slippery, neither sticky. The color is very bright which makes it very easy to find.
- Functional disc
- Good look with great grip
- Weather resistant
- Reliable and stable
- A pronounced groove to create a stronger grip
- Great feel
- Bright color to fin easily
- Not the best for distance putter
How to choose the best disc golf disc
1. Player level
It is important to consider the player’s level to be able to pick the most suitable disc for you. They design different types of discs to match with different levels or skills. For beginners, you just want try some basic technique throws. Maybe you can try some putter or mid-range disc.
For intermediate and advanced levels, you might have stronger arms or able to do better speed. Overall, you can choose a particular disc upon the purposes, wind conditions, etc.
Another vital factors that you should pay attention to is the weight. It can be hard to find the most suitable weight for you. There are wide range of choices on the market today.
Lighter discs are easier to throw and they can go further. But they will be more easily affected by the wind. On the other hand, the heavier golf disc is less affected by strong wind, more accurate but it requires more power and speed.
All golf discs are made of plastic, but the types of plastic are different. And this might impact the durability, stability and grip of the disc. Normally, each company that produce discs has their own plastic that make them different from their competitors.
The stability of a disc changes from one manufacturer to another one. Each brand has their own standard or rating to define this term.
The stable discs are meant to fly straight. On the other hand, the over-stable disc tends to curve to the left when you throw with your right or back hand. The under-stable discs normally fly to the right or turn quite fast over to the right.
Do heavier discs fly farther?
A lot misunderstand that heavier discs fly further. Actually the light one will go further. The heavier disc are easier to get out there, but you can’t control much in the wind.
How many discs do you need for disc golf?
To be able to play disc golf, you need at least 3 discs. They are: a putter, 1 mid-range and one driver. But you should carry 6 discs (2 each type) when you do out to play.
Can you use regular Frisbee for disc golf?
Yes, you can. But you can’t play in a competitive game. You can only use it to practice on the course to improve your distance or accuracy.
Here you go!
I hope the information is useful for you while picking a disc golf disc. I know that you have to consider a lot of things and even more that I haven’t mentioned in this post. Either you are new or professionals, you can always find a suitable one to meet your needs. If you still have a tough time in choosing this, my article above and narrow down the options to help you find the best.
Lastest Disc Golf Discs Bestselling ON SALE
- PERFECT BEGINNER SET - Selected by...
- IMPROVE YOUR GAME - The disc models...
- IDEAL DISC CHOICES - Set Includes:...
- SPECIAL EDITION MINI - Also...
- INNOVA DISC GOLF - Innova offers...
- COMPLETE SET: Includes one driver,...
- BEST FOR BEGINNERS: Made of DX...
- CERTIFIED QUALITY: Approved by the...
- VARIATIONS: Please note that colors...
- DIMENSIONS: 2” high; 8. 5” wide
- BEST BEGINNER SET - This starter...
- BECOME A BETTER DISC GOLFER- The...
- EXEMPLARY DISC CHOICES- Set...
- PERFECT DISC SELECTION- The...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE- 100% Money...