Wearing the right pair of gloves can decide your performance in a football match. We have searched to find the best football receiver gloves to keep your hands safe.
The receiver gloves play a fundamental role in the game of football. It is an indispensable item to protect the fingers and palms of the hands from contact with intense throwing pressures.
- Top 9 Best Football Shoulder Pads For Lineman, Quaterbacks & Running backs (Reviews 2020)
- Top 9 Best Football Helmets To Buy (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Youth Football Cleats: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour (2020 Reviews)
The best football receiver gloves must guarantee good movement and must be high quality in some necessary details such as materials, the ability of resistance, and arms fitting. Here are seven best football receiver gloves on the market so far.
- Top 7 Best Football Receiver Gloves
- #1 Best Overall: Seibertron Pro 3.0 Elite Receiver Football Gloves
- #2 Best Value: Battle Ultra-Stick Football Gloves
- #3 Best Performance: Battle Double Threat Football Gloves
- #4 Best for Kids: Under Armour Boys F5 Football Gloves
- #5 Best for Lineman: Adidas Scorch Destroyer Full Finger Lineman’s Gloves
- $6 Best Protection: Grip Boost Football Gloves
- #7 Best Price: Cutters Game Day Football Receiver Glove
- Features to Consider Before Buying the Football Receiver Gloves
- How to Use the Football Receiver Gloves?
- Bottom Lines
Top 7 Best Football Receiver Gloves
#1 Best Overall: Seibertron Pro 3.0 Elite Receiver Football Gloves
The first model in this list comes from Seibertron. It is made of composite materials of EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) and high-quality latex. These gloves have a padded, non-slip and wear-resistant palm and a ‘finger-safe’ internal slat system that helps prevent any injuries.
What makes it on top of the list is the double safety strap, and its Velcro provides additional protection for the wrist and a snug fit. It is available for both sizes of adults and kids. It is an excellent choice for those who need a moderate performance pair of gloves.
- Proper protection for hands and fingers
- Ideal for wet conditions
- Snuggly fitted
- Affordable and highly valuable
- There are some problems with the seams of the wrist
#2 Best Value: Battle Ultra-Stick Football Gloves
The Battle Ultra-Stick receiver gloves are produced by one of the most well-known sportswear companies in the United States. The gloves have softer palms and excellent performance in terms of grip and absorption, as well as strong resistance.
The gloves feature a specialized material of UltraTack, which is the most premium tacky material from walks of life. It allows an excellent grip for all weather conditions. Also, the Velcro closure keeps the gloves tight on your hands for hours but still ensures a breathable and comfortable experience.
As a runner-up in this list, Battle’s football gloves are another considerable choice for performance, durability, and versatility.
- Reliable, efficient, and innovative
- 90-days guarantee
- High-end technology such as UltraTack and PerfectFit material
- Suitable for all kinds of weather and battle conditions
- High price
#3 Best Performance: Battle Double Threat Football Gloves
Here are other football gloves from Battle, which is famous for increasing the throwing force and slowing down the catching pressure for the users. They are made with premium quality, which offers an optimal grip in dry and wet conditions.
In addition to the exceptional durability and abrasion resistance, the Battle Double Threat gloves always keep your hands cold thanks to the PerfectFit system equipped with mesh.
The gloves are qualified by many trusted organizations such as NFHS, NCAA, and NOCSAE. It guarantees the best quality and excellent protection for hands during fast movements and high pressure.
- Robust and made with innovative materials
- Comfortable and easy to wear
- Qualified for good quality
- Quite expensive
#4 Best for Kids: Under Armour Boys F5 Football Gloves
The Under Armour F5 gloves are dedicated to boys and children who want to participate in the football game. This pair of receiver gloves have an incredible grip and excellent impact absorption thanks to the premium HeatGear fabric.
The Under Armour F5 model is also equipped with micro-holes on the sides of the fingers for more exceptional ventilation during the games. Also, the GrabTack palm enhances the catching and holding ability for youngsters efficiently. The gloves meet with NFHS, NCAA, and NOCSAE certifications. So, it is entirely safe for health and available for all ages.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Excellent grip and shock-absorption
- Enhances performing experience for kids
- Meets with international qualification standards
- No available sizes for adults
#5 Best for Lineman: Adidas Scorch Destroyer Full Finger Lineman’s Gloves
Available on Amazon in grey and white colors, the football gloves from Adidas offer high performance and maximum protection for the users.
They are made of high-quality Lycra material, with removable splints for the fingers and an extra cover for the palm and back of the hand. You can also take advantage of a small zipper for comfortable entry into the glove.
The upper part is made of GripTack material for efficient grip and control capacities. The bottom portion features synthetic leather for the highest protection level. Finally, the neoprene cuff and velcro strap gives excellent wrist support for the lineman position.
- High performance and protection support
- Premium materials for both upper and lower parts
- Modern and innovative design
- Full support for lineman position
- Only two choices of color
$6 Best Protection: Grip Boost Football Gloves
[amazon box=”B01K00XH8Q “]
The gloves are produced and distributed by the American company Grip Boost and ideal for all positions. Vertex gloves have a 4mm pro-quality latex palm with hybrid cut, neoprene closure with Velcro on the wrist, removable protective fingers on all fingers and thumb wrap-around fabric.
The gloves are adjustable and dynamic for all movements on the field. Its form will fit your hands but still, be breathable and comfortable for hours of training. It is perfect for those who have sweaty palms or often train in strict weather conditions.
- High-quality materials and premium design
- Strong protection
- Stylish and varied in colors
- Perfect for all weather conditions
- Stitching comes out easily
#7 Best Price: Cutters Game Day Football Receiver Glove
The Cutters GameDay receiver gloves allow optimal grip even in the rain, which is one of the strengths of all Cutters’ gloves. This model also offers a more natural fit, maximum finger protection, and a latex closure band that secures the gloves firmly on your wrist.
Everybody loves a profitable investment. And these gloves from Cutters would not disappoint you. With the most affordable price in this list, the gloves still enhance noticeable benefits, such as high-quality material, washing-machine compatibility, and SFIA certified.
- High value for money
- Excellent grip
- High-quality and durable materials
- Washable by regular washing machines
- Some customers complained about the seams
Features to Consider Before Buying the Football Receiver Gloves
The most widespread material today is latex, which can be natural or synthetic. It is very soft and only 3- to 4-millimeter thick, and guarantees better ball grip and shock absorption.
Natural latex is usually more elastic, while synthetic latex is, above all, more resistant. Among the different types of materials used for the glove by some large companies, there are memory foam inserts that effectively reduce the impact of the ball. It contains a microporous structure, which has excellent quality control and grip and comprises graphite particles that ensure a longer life.
2. Palm Characteristics
A fundamental part of the football receiver gloves is palm interaction parts, which must have an excellent grip and be perfect in the thickness, the softness, and the cut. The width is usually between 3mm and 5mm. Thinner models often offer higher sensitivity, and the thicker ones are more durable. Depending on the degree of softness, the gloves will have a more excellent grip or higher resistance.
3. Finger Protection
The best football receiver gloves can protect your fingers as much as possible. They are available on Amazon with splints on all fingers for total protection.
Also, there are gloves without a splint on the thumb and gloves with removable braces. The removable splints model is a good compromise for those who want splints on only a few fingers.
4. Football Playground
The ground on which you will have to play also affects the choice of football gloves. For a match on arid land or particular types of synthetic grass, gloves with harder and more compact compounds, and incapable of resisting abrasion should be preferred.
- Top 8 Best Football Lineman Gloves: Adidas, Under Armour, Nike & Cutters (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Football Facemasks: Schutt, Green Gridirion, Xenith & Rawlings (2020 Reviews)
- Top 6 Best Football Mouthguard (Shock Doctor, Venum, Champs & Battle ) (2020)
Compared to the hand, the football gloves must be slightly larger, leaving a couple of centimeters free beyond the fingertip. It must not be too large or too small and must ensure a good fit.
For the right size, you must first take the measure of your hand, and then subsequently evaluate the various tests on the market.
The cost of a pair of football gloves varies according to the factors mentioned above. On sale, you will find very cheap models (starting from less than 20 dollars).
Different types of gloves suitable for semi-professional or professional players, of course, have a much higher cost and can go well beyond the 100 dollars.
How to Use the Football Receiver Gloves?
To ultimate the gloves’ functions, football players must always consider all the aspects previously mentioned. They are about the materials which they were made, the characteristics of each model, the type of use (on which field they are to be used), and all those precautions to wear them in the best way.
Nevertheless, the care and cleaning of the gloves are fundamentally important. Before each use, they must be wet and softened. After training or a real match, they should be cleaned as soon as possible with hot water to prevent dirt from drying on the palm of the gloves.
Finally, they must be dried initially with a microfibre cloth and then hanging in the open air. You should avoid heat sources and UV-ray from the gloves. Once they are dehydrated, they should be stored in a glove bag, if possible.
1. Can I mix-and-match football receiver gloves with my clothes?
There is no doubt that today’s football players love to show off their style on the field, even by creating their custom gloves. Gloves are available in a wide variety of colors, designs, and prints, and also the palms of the hands can have designs printed.
Some players may want to match their team colors, while others want a color that stands out on the field. If you’re going to make a personal statement with your gloves on, you can design your pair of custom soccer gloves.
Either way, make sure you like the look of your gloves and feel confident every time you put them on.
2. Which criteria are most valuable when choosing football gloves?
When choosing your next pair of football gloves, consider the following four characteristics before purchasing:
- Grip: make sure your gloves offer excellent grip to avoid a pass or a missed ball
- Protection: Buy gloves that provide adequate protection for your hands, think about your position, and how often you are subjected to violent impacts.
- Comfort and fit: Consult the size chart and choose the size that suits you to make sure your gloves fit perfectly
- Style: Everyone works best when they feel good, and if you look good, you feel good
3. How should football gloves be comfortable and fitted?
Your gloves must be correctly fitted and comfortable in the field. If your gloves are too large, you risk having them slip on your hands and quickly lose control of the ball. If they are too small, your hands will be tight, and you will no longer be able to stick to the ball.
Before buying, be sure to check the size chart of your gloves and measure accurately to get the best possible fit. Most gloves are designed to be fitted close to the skin, using flexible fabrics to maximize comfort.
Also, look for ventilated gloves. Most gloves have ventilation between the fingers to keep your hands dry and comfortable. Some even have perforated palms for increased ventilation without loss of performance.
Receiver gloves can help players get passes, while backpack racing gloves can help prevent fumbles, and Lineman’s gloves provide extra padding to protect against hard knocks. The best football receiver gloves are an essential part of all football players, especially for certain positions.
- Top 9 Best Football Cleats: Nike, Adidas, Under Amour (Reviews 2020)
- Top 9 Best Nike Football Cleats Of All Time Reviews (2020)
- Top 8 Best Football Girdles: Nike, Under Armour & McDavid (Reviews 2020)
Each player has different needs. Luckily there are a variety of glove options available to meet those needs. We have come up with a list of nine best football receiver gloves and detailed buying guides.
If you have any further questions, feel free to comment down below!