A golf bag is not the most important accessory in golf but it turns out to make your time at the course much easier. You can see both amateurs and professionals often carry the golf bags around, as they are essential.
A good golf bag can protect your golf clubs, other accessories and personal stuff. It is actually very convenient for you.
- Top 6 Best Golf GPS Devices 2020 Reviews
- Top 11 Best Golf GPS Watch Don’t Wanna Miss Reviews 2020
- Top 9 Best Golf Rangefinder in 2020: Bushnell, Tectectec or Wosports?
There are different brands, types and models on the market today so that you have a lot of options to choose. Below is the review of my favorite 9 best golf bags that you should check out.
Just click the link to see the details of any you like.
- The 9 Best Golf Bags on the Market 2020
- #1 Best Golf Bags With Cooler: Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag
- #2 Ping Golf Men’s Pioneer Cart Bag
- #3 EG Eagole Super Light Golf Bag
- #4 TaylorMade Golf Stand Golf Bag 5.0
- #5 TaylorMade Flextech Crossover Stand Golf Bag
- #6 Best For Walking IZZO Lite Stand Golf Bag
- #7 Datrek DG Lite II Cart Bag
- #8 Best For Women: Sunday Lightweight Carry Golf Bag
- #9 PROSiMMON Cart Golf Bag
- Factors you should consider to get the best golf bag
The 9 Best Golf Bags on the Market 2020
I have picked the top 9 best golf bags to review in this article. I will mention each product’s pros and cons too. Let’s start!
#1 Best Golf Bags With Cooler: Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag
The Sun Mountain C-130 is a mid-priced product, at the same time is very well-made and durable. You won’t regret the money spending on this.
This bag comes with 14 individual full-length dividers to provide you with enough space to organize and protect your clubs. There are 10 pockets, namely an apparel pocket, cooler pocket, two velour-lined valuable pockets with one water- resistance, and multiple accessory pockets. This is more than enough for a golfer.
The Smart Strap System connects the bag with a riding cart by using 2 velcro straps. The bag won’t twist on the cart. You can use the pocket normally without being interfered by the riding cart’s strap.
This golf bag is suitable for all levels, from beginners to professionals. The matching rain hood is included when you purchase the bag. 12 different colors are available for you to choose.
- Well made and durable
- 14 individual full-length dividers to provide you with enough space to organize and protect your clubs
- 10 pockets (especially two velour-lined valuable pockets with one water- resistance)
- The Smart Strap System connect the bag with a riding cart by using 2 velcro straps
- Suitable for all levels
- Matching rain hood included
- Wide range colors to choose
- Some people claimed that the bag doesn’t stand very well
#2 Ping Golf Men’s Pioneer Cart Bag
The Ping Golf Men’s Pioneer is a lower cost golf bag with excellent functions. This product has very simple colors such as black, navy/black/white and birdie blue/black/white.
There are 9 pockets in total. They are arranged in very-easy-to-reach areas. The magnetic quick access pockets are amazing. They look very well-built. You can keep 3 or 4 beers in the cooler pocket if you want too. The valuable pocket is water resistant.
This golf bag is spacious enough to store the extra accessories and your valuable items. The large 15-way top helps keep club shafts protected and well organized. This golf bag is very durable.
The outstanding point of this golf bag is the molded putter well. It works great with multiple putters. The Ping Golf Men’s Pioneer is suitable for beginners and intermediate golfers. Some qualities might work for professionals.
- Lower cost product
- 9 pockets in total, put in easy-to-reach areas
- Magnetic quick access pockets
- Water resistant valuable pocket
- The large 15-way top helps keep club shafts protected and well organized
- Molded putter well works great with different putters
- Suitable for beginners as well as intermediate golfers
- Should invest more on its look
#3 EG Eagole Super Light Golf Bag
The EG Eagole Super Light Golf Bag is a great bag with nice features and at the same time has a very affordable price.
This bag has 9 pockets, consisting of one insulated cooler pocket to keep your drink fresh and cold. The cart bag can even store your shoes, towels, umbrellas and some other personal stuff.
They designed 3 integrated molded grab handles to make it easy for you to lift. You can get it out of your cart quickly. The E-trolley base system is perfect for older golfers. They can pull it around easily.
The individual full length club dividers provides a space for every club. The bag stands up quite well. You will feel very comfortable when wearing this due to the strap on the back.
The golf bag is made of nylon which makes it super lightweight. Some people might say it is not the most durable bag, but what I can tell is that it is very solid. This bag is quite good-looking.
- Good looking
- Affordable price
- Nice storage, consist of one insulated cooler pocket to keep your drink fresh and cold
- 3 integrated molded grab handles to make it easy for you to lift
- E-trolley base system is perfect for older golfers
- 14 way top with individual full length club dividers provides a space for every club
- Stand up well
- Comfortable when wearing this bag
- The top pockets on both sides of bag are a bit small
#4 TaylorMade Golf Stand Golf Bag 5.0
The TaylorMade 5.0 Golf Stand Bag is a very high-quality product with a terrific storage for all your golfing needs. It has enough room for a small bag, balls and tees, etc. There are 6 pockets in this bag, including ball and tee pockets.
They design a velour-lined pouch which is safe to put your valuables. This bag is very durable, comfortable. It can provide safety for your clubs. The anti-slit stand system with non-slip foot pads brings convenience and security.
This bag has a dual-strap shoulder with air mesh to make it very refreshed and comfortable when you carry. Even though this is a stand bag, the TaylorMade has done a great job to keep it simple to carry around. In addition, they designed an EVA molded hip pad for extra comfort and to limit the pressure points.
The way they plan and design the stand bag is excellent. It features a garment pocket, a rain hood, an umbrella sleeve. All seamlessly integrate with the general concept of the bag.
- Terrific storage (6 pockets, enough room for a smaller bag, balls and tees, etc)
- A velour-lined pouch which is safe to put your valuables
- The anti-slit stand system with non-slip foot pads brings the convenience and security
- A dual-strap shoulder with air mesh creates a very refreshed and comfortable carry
- EVA molded hip pad for extra comfort and limit the pressure points
- A garment pocket, a rain hood, an umbrella sleeve seamlessly integrate with the general concept of the bag.
- You might need to push the bag down to get the legs to come out
#5 TaylorMade Flextech Crossover Stand Golf Bag
The TaylorMade Flextech Crossover Stand Golf Bag is a fantastic bag with great durability from inside out. This bag has a great design yet the colors are not too special. They have basic colors like black, red, gray and navy.
It comes with a 14- way divider top and a lot of storage. There is a large internal insulated cooler pocket that you can reach any time. The water resistant pocket is designed to protect your valuables from bad weather and scratching.
The best point of this golf bag is the Flextech stand system. It offers a patented smooth release and collapsible base. It also ensures that there is no club to be sticking or crowding.
Apart from this, the dual density strap gives a great comfort when you carry a heavy load. A rain hood with the same thick quality is included. This stand bag works the best for beginners. The professionals might require some other high-end features for their play.
- Very durable from inside out
- Great design
- 14- way divider top and a lot of storage
- A large internal insulated cooler pocket that you can reach any time
- A water resistant pocket is designed to protect your valuables from bad weather and scratching
- Flextech stand system to offer a patented smooth release and collapsible base
- The dual density strap gives a great comfort
- Best for beginners
- Not suitable for professionals
#6 Best For Walking IZZO Lite Stand Golf Bag
The IZZO Lite is an outstanding stand golf bag, with an excellent design and solid construction. It is made of heavy duty nylon which ensures the durability of the product. At the same time, it is very lightweight, at only 4.5 LBS.
This stand golf bag features a 5 way divider top that keeps the clubs secured and separated. The divider is very easy on your clubs and soft. The magnetic ball pocket helps you close and open with ease.
They design an adjustable wide double strap to make it comfortable when you walk around the course. The stand works really well. The legs deploy in a nice way. The handle on the top of the bag is amazing. You can lift the bag off the stand easily.
Like some other golf bags, this also comes with a lined pocket for your valuables. You can put your watch or phone to avoid them from being scratched. The umbrella section is waterproof.
- Great design and solid construction
- Made of heavy duty nylon which to ensure the durability
- A 5 way divider top to keep the clubs secured and separated
- Magnetic ball pocket to help you close and open quickly and easily
- An adjustable wide double strap to make it comfortable when walking around
- Sturdy stand
- A lined pocket for your valuables
- The handle on the top of the bag to lift the bag off the stand easily
- Some people claimed that the stand-up legs might droop a bit when carrying
#7 Datrek DG Lite II Cart Bag
The Datrek DG Lite II is a very well made golf bag. It has a tough nylon outlook. The bag is super light. It weighs only 4.2 LBS.
This golf bag has a 15-way (full length individual dividers) which is stunning. It comes with some soft-grip lift assist handles at the top of the bag to make it easy to lift for golfers of all ages.
The DG Lite II comes with 7 total pockets, however, it gives enough storage including 2 oversized one. It also has a fleece lined pocket for valuables and one large ball pocket.
This bag is very durable and solid. You will be impressed by how sturdy the foundation is. There is no big logo on the bag, which is more attractive to me.
- Well- made and durable
- Super lightweight
- A 15-way with full length individual dividers
- Some soft-grip lift assist handles at the top of the bag to make it easy to lift for golfers of all ages.
- 7 total pockets (included a fleece lined pocket for valuables and one large ball pocket)
- The hard plastic nubs on the top backside might cause some issues
#8 Best For Women: Sunday Lightweight Carry Golf Bag
The Sunday Lightweight Carry Golf Bag is a perfect choice for those who go golfing in summer and want to minimize their luggage.
It is suitable for smaller courses. And all levels including beginners, intermediates or experts can pick this bag. It is made of polyester which is very tough and durable.
Unlike the traditional golf bags, the Sunday has only 2 pockets. You can store balls, tees, or whatever you need for the course. There are no covers or any attachment like large bags but it is a wonderful option if you need to carry only clubs.
The padded shoulder strap is designed for extra comfort. One more thing, this bag is very easy to store and fold. It is very convenient.
- Best choice for summer golfing
- Suitable for smaller courses
- For all levels
- Polyester material which is tough and durable
- Padded shoulder strap for extra comfort
- Easy to store and fold
- Very convenient to bring around
- A bit short, the clubs might fall out
#9 PROSiMMON Cart Golf Bag
The PROSiMMON is a wonderful choice for professional players. It is a nice bag with plenty of storage. This cart bag offers 14 way dividers and many zipped pockets. You can put your valuables here.
There is an external putter tube if you prefer storing your putter externally. It is also great for putters with large heads. There is no holster, but they give you an umbrella strap to secure the bag. One towel ring is attached to the bag.
The bag is very lightweight because they use less materials to produce it. You don’t have to worry about bad weather as there is a rain hood included. Besides, this cart bag is not expensive at all.
- Best for professionals
- Affordable price
- 14 way dividers and many zipped pockets to put valuables
- External putter tube to store putter
- Umbrella strap to secure
- Towel ring
- Rain hood included
- Hand hold near top may be a bit high for clubs
Factors you should consider to get the best golf bag
There are 4 main types of golf bags on the market today, namely carry bags, cart bags, tour bags and stand bags.
The carry bag is suitable for lightweight travel. It makes your preparation quicker. However this type doesn’t feature extra pockets.
If you bring the cart with you, you can leave your bag with it. These bags normally have a lot of additional pockets to cover from the rain, extra rooms for golf balls and spare tees.
I suggest that the tour bags should be for professionals only. They can be very heavy, up to 10 lbs.
If you want to carry your own clubs, the stand bags are for you. You won’t need to put them on the dirty floor. It can stand well on the floor.
2. Storage and Weight
Actually you don’t need as many pockets as possible. What you need is a bag that has enough storage so that you don’t have to carry a heavier bag around the course. Most golf bags have pockets for valuables now.
You will need to stay outdoors most of the time so a durable golf bag is necessary. You should check the material of the bag carefully. If you want to choose a stand bag, it is a must to test the legs too. If you are looking at the cart bags, then you should pay attention to the padded opening.
It is vital to protect your clubs and valuables in a good golf bag. Normally, golf bags have dividers on the top opening to locate the clubs and keep them easy to pull out. Today, they design full-length dividers, or even individual full-length dividers to protect the clubs better.
All golf bags now are designed with special pockets to store valuable stuff and protect them from being destroyed. I highly recommend you go for a waterproof option to deal with bad weather.
Are waterproof golf bags worth it?
If you don’t want to dry your bags after each game in the rain, then definitely go for a waterproof. It is totally worth the extra.
What golf bag does Tiger Woods use?
He uses TaylorMade M5 fairway wood that has a titanium and steel body with a carbon fibre crown and has twist face tech like the M5 driver.
Should I get a cart bag or stand bag?
If you don’t want to walk on the course with a bag with you, then go for cart bags. They are excellent for those who like organization and storage that are lighter than stand bags. All depend on your purpose.
I know it is always hard to make a decision when you have so many options available. I hope this article is useful for you and you can find the most suitable golf bags. You can always get a good gear within the planned budget. Good luck!