This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
If you are looking for precise information about the best hockey bag, you can find it right here. To offer you a comparison of the best products, we have created a complete overview for you.
For any hockey player, beyond the equipment that costs a bag, they also have to find the best hockey bag to carry everything they need for training. Ice hockey equipment and sports gears are quite bulky and complicated, so a practical and advanced hockey bag is hugely required for every player.
- Top 9 Best Field Hockey Sticks For Defenders, Forwards & Midfielders
- Top 5 Best Rated Hockey Sticks For Beginners
- Top 9 Best Ice Hockey Skates To Buy
Everybody wants to purchase a dedicated one. But which bag is the best choice? What characteristics should it have? The article brings to you nine options for the best hockey bag and detailed guides.
- Top 9 Best Hockey Bags Reviews 2021
- #1 Best Overall: Grit HTFX Hockey Bag
- #2 Best Design: Bauer 950 Hockey Bag
- #3 Largest Size: K-Cliffs Duffel Equipment Bag“]
- #5 Most Compact: CCM 390 Wheeled Hockey Backpack
- #6 Best Duffle Bag: Jetstream Hockey Equipment Duffle Bag
- #7 Most Durable: Samsonite Andante 2 Wheeled Duffel Bag
- #8 Most Reviewed: Olympia Rolling Duffel Bag
- #9 Best Price: iHIM Hockey Bag
- Types of Hockey Bags
- Features to Consider When Purchasing a Hockey Bag
- Final Words
- Lastest Hockey Bag Bestselling ON SALE
Top 9 Best Hockey Bags Reviews 2021
#1 Best Overall: Grit HTFX Hockey Bag
Everybody loves the two-wheel Grit HFTX hockey bag due to its incredible functions and benefits. Noticeably, this ventilated bag features a full cover of mesh to prevent high moisture from inside out of the pocket.
Inside the bag, there is a tiny mesh bag to store your smart devices or small items while training. The bag features two wheels at the bottom, but it is still lightweight and compact.
The main benefit of this product is the large stick compartment. It can contain up to two sticks fitted in the bag. The mesh ventilation of the rucksack is also a considerable advantage. It is washable and easy to dry underneath the sunlight.
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to carry and deliver with two wheels underneath
- Full of mesh cover for comfort and high durability
- Stick compartment is large enough for two sticks
- The bag is not big enough for the professional player
#2 Best Design: Bauer 950 Hockey Bag
If you are strong enough to lift your hockey bag and do not need the wheels at the bottom, then the Bauer hockey bag is an excellent option. The 950 models from Bauer is ranked as one of the best hockey bags in 2020.
The bag is made from premium 840D polyester, which enhances the durability and excellently prevents wear and tear. The exterior design is adamant and reliable, and the inside compartments are soft and comfortable to keep all your hockey gears.
The design of compartments from Bauer 950 is U-shaped. All the internal holders and pockets are well-organized with measurable structures to store the items conveniently. And with a carry strap, you can carry it anywhere with no trouble.
- Heavy-duty premium 840D polyester
- High durability and quality
- Well-organized internal compartments
- Solid design
- Quite heavyweight and cumbersome
#3 Largest Size: K-Cliffs Duffel Equipment Bag“]
The Gothamite hockey bag is made from a premium 1200D polyester fabric for the highest durability and most robust construction. There are heavy-duty wheels underneath to make transportation and carrying more accessible than ever.
With this bag, the hockey equipment’s delivery will cost no effort. Moreover, with a size of 36 inches, it is a big-sized bag without a doubt. The pack also has a cloth to increase the protection level for the items inside.
The compartments inside are arranged logically. And all the pockets are made from mesh with a high-quality zipper. The Gothamite hockey bag is the best choice if you want a bag to roll in all terrains.
- Premium 1200D polyester fabric
- High durability and maneuverability
- Heavy-duty wheels in the bottom
- Strong protection for items
- Heavyweight and hard to lift up
#5 Most Compact: CCM 390 Wheeled Hockey Backpack
A hockey backpack is an incredibly convenient unit if you do not have many items to carry to the ice field. However, it is quite challenging to find a premium product for standard needs. And CCM 390 model is the best hockey backpack on the market so far.
Similar to all the hockey backpacks, the CCM 390 backpack focuses on the pocket’s quantity and quality. There are vertical pockets to store large items, small pockets for tiny personal details. Primarily, there is one compartment specialized for the hockey stick.
All your items and hockey equipment can be stored correctly and tidily inside the CCM 390 backpack. And the favorite feature of the customers is a hook outside for the users to attach their hockey helmet.
The bag also features some sleeves to fix your hockey skates stably. So, this hockey bag ensures that all your items will be managerially stored and carried to the field effortlessly.
- Easy to use and carry
- Has enough space to store all items
- Well-organized design for pockets and compartments
- Many types of pockets with hook and sleeves
- Quite small in size
- All the details and gears must be arranged in the correct order
#6 Best Duffle Bag: Jetstream Hockey Equipment Duffle Bag
If you find that wheels are inconvenient and unnecessary for your hockey bag, then the Jetstream hockey duffle bag is a great choice. The bag has a classic design of a standard duffle bag and offers fantastic functions.
Like other wheeled bags, the Jetstream hockey bag is made of 600D water-resistant polyester. So, the bag can handle all kinds of weather conditions even with heavy rain.
The exterior design is adamant, while the interior parts are well-built. Primarily, there is a specialized compartment to store a hockey helmet. It effectively keeps the mask to be separate from other gears.
Moreover, with a U-shaped opening, you can take the equipment in and out with ease. The carrying strap is adjustable and extremely durable, even for fast movements.
Overall, it is the best hockey bag for any player who has a considerable load of hockey stuff. Each compartment is designed with a specific function, which offers a perfect arrangement of hockey items and equipment to the users.
- Water-resistant materials
- Suitable for all kinds of weather condition
- Large storage area for each compartment
- Heavy-duty exterior design
- Quite bulky and overload for youngsters
#7 Most Durable: Samsonite Andante 2 Wheeled Duffel Bag
If you want a hockey duffle bag with many new functions, the Samsonite Andante 2 hockey bag is an outstanding choice. The most fantastic feature is that this bag can be a duffle bag and a suitcase simultaneously.
It features wheels and an extendable handle, which gives excellent maneuverability. It is a great hockey bag in case you have to carry many items for a long distance.
The bag is also compact and lightweight compared to other duffel bags. It can perfectly fit in any car trunk or bus chassis. The bag is made of water-resistant dobby polyester to reinforce the durability.
All the bag’s compartments are well-organized in the most convenient way. You can self-arrange to store all items easily. The durability of the bag is excellent. It is perfect in case you have to take your hockey items for a long or overbroad trip.
- Premium materials that reinforce the durability
- Lightweight and compact design
- Well-organized structure
- Water-resistant and can handle all weather conditions
- It is not as big as other duffel bags
#8 Most Reviewed: Olympia Rolling Duffel Bag
The Olympia duffel bag receives numerous positive comments on the Amazon website. The reason is that it is a perfect hockey bag for goalies. For those who do not know, a goalie always needs to transport more items, equipment, and other positions.
This duffel bag has eight convenient pockets in all sizes with high capacities. The regular U-shaped opening helps users easily access the oversized compartments of the pack.
It is constructed with a superb 1200D Protecflon polyester, which enhances the durability and performance of the product effectively. With bearing wheels and retractable handles, you can take it from place to place with ease.
The bag is solid enough to stand by itself with no concern about collapsing. It also comes with various choices of color.
- Large capacity to carry a considerable amount of items
- High durability and maneuverability
- Robust design with wheels and a retractable handle
- “Stand by itself” feature
- Eight big convenient pockets
- It is extraordinarily heavyweight and bulky
#9 Best Price: iHIM Hockey Bag
For the best hockey bag at the most affordable price, you can trust this product from iHIM. The iHIM hockey bag contains multiple pockets to store your gears and has a well-structured construction.
It contains two large pockets in the main compartment. There are various types of pockets, such as zippered and tiny accessory pockets. With this bag, you have no concern about keeping your small items separate and organized.
The primary material is high-density 600D polyester. It ensures a substantial thickness and reliable structure for the bag, which increases the product’s long-lasting lifespan. The bag is also lightweight and compact. You can take to any place easily.
In short, the iHIM hockey bag is a perfect choice for those who require an affordable hockey bag but still has a long-lasting lifespan. The design and construction of the bag’s compartment are also reasonable and convenient, even for professional players.
- The most affordable bag in the list
- Reinforced bottom
- Various types of small pocket
- High-density fabric layers
- The zipper is not durable and gets stuck
Types of Hockey Bags
With hockey bags, we can distinguish between three different models:
1. Bowling bags
Bowling hockey bags have a round shape. At the moment, the bowling bags are the most popular hockey bags. These bags always contain a separate stick compartment in which the hockey stick can be put there. This stick area ensures that you can transport your hockey stick safely and comfortably.
2. Stick bags
Stick bags are specially made for carrying multiple hockey sticks. The stick bag is an elongated bag that fits the entire hockey stick in its entirety. There are different types and sizes of stick bags so that one bag can hold more rods than the other pocket.
- Top 6 Best Hockey Gloves For Begginers & Advanced
- Top 9 Best Hockey Helmet For Wide Head & Oval Head
In addition to your hockey stick, there is still enough space also to put your clothes and hockey shoes in the bag.
The hockey backpacks are especially popular among children. The bags are equipped with a stick compartment where the hockey stick fits well.
Besides the stick, there is also enough space for clothing, accessories, protection, and shoes. A backpack has two shoulder straps, with cushioning for extra comfort.
Features to Consider When Purchasing a Hockey Bag
1. Bag Types
First of all, choose your bag according to the type of carrying:
- If you are looking for a classic resistant bag, opt for a sports bag worn over the shoulder. They are compact and can be folded into one of their pockets for secure storage. Some bags can only be worn over the shoulder. Others can be worn over the shoulder or backpack.
- If you are looking for a comfortable bag to carry for your trips, on two wheels or by public transport, for example, go for a backpack type.
- If you are looking for a bag that allows you to carry all of your equipment effortlessly, opt for the bowling bags. They have been studied to protect your belongings thanks to their rigid bottom.
Choose the volume of your bag according to your needs. From 17 to 105 liters, everyone will find the liter they need. Please note that containers of up to 30 liters can be used as hand luggage when traveling by plane. However, we recommend that you check your airline’s requirements.
If you need to separate your things inside your bag, choose a model with several compartments. A shoe pocket to separate them from the rest of your belongings and thus avoid odors will be particularly useful, as well as a pocket for dirty laundry.
Consider the practicality of the hockey bag. It is straightforward. The purchased hockey bag which is too small is not very practical. You should choose a container that is slightly larger than the actual needs.
Most of the hockey bags on the market are made from water-resistant polyester currently. As the ice hockey field always has a low temperature and moisture level, your container can quickly contact water and wet air. So the water-resistant material is considered for the best hockey bag.
5. Other Tips
- It is best not to buy hockey bags with overloading functions, because there may be problems with the quality. You only need to focus on your standard needs first.
- If you buy online, you need to check the authenticity of the online store and customer feedback. It is recommended to buy online stores because the manufacturers often offer good sales.
- Check the label identification carefully when selecting. Most of the products processed by legal manufacturers are specified in the label identification. You can find more product-related information, factory address, contact phone, etc. from the product label in case there is any damage to the bag.
1. Why does a hockey player need the best hockey bag?
Even a hockey, rugby, or football player needs the best equipment storing bag. A bag will undoubtedly help store and keep the material in place and make sure they are all well-prepared before the game.
2. Which type of hockey bags should I choose?
Hockey bags come in many shapes and sizes. Are you looking for a bag to store your stick or a container that you only want to save your hockey equipment? If you are looking for a bag to store your racket in, we recommend both a backpack or a shoulder bag with a stick holder.
You should also consider hockey bags in which you can store several hockey stocks, so-called stick bags. You can choose all three types of hockey bags above if you are just looking for a backpack for your hockey gear.
For the team players and demanding hockey players, there are also individual hockey bags for players/clubs/teams. After all, there are extensive selections of hockey bags depending on the customer’s needs.
3. Which brand makes the best hockey bag?
All of the hockey bags come from real top brands as they have to be meticulously designed and produced with premium materials. So you can be sure that you can buy a good quality hockey bag with no concern.
For finding a new hockey bag, you can choose from brands such as adidas, Black Bear, Brabo, Dita, Grays, Indian Maharaja, Kookaburra, Malik, Naked, OBO, Osaka, Princess, Reece, Ritual, STX, TK, and Young1.
We hope the nine best hockey bags will help you make the right choice of the best hockey bag. It does not have to be the most expensive or the most fashionable bag, but it must meet your basic needs.
- Top 9 Best Hockey Skates For Beginners
- Top 9 Best Hockey Skates for Flat Feet & Wide Feet: Bauer or CCM
- Top 6 Best Youth Hockey Sticks: Franklin, Arsenal or Mylec?
There are numerous brands and products that you can choose from retail stores or online shopping platforms. Be wise and careful when making the decision. If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to comment down below!
Lastest Hockey Bag Bestselling ON SALE
- Large u shape top pocket
- Six front pockets
- Internal handle
- Torsion Technology folding frame...
- Side panel shoulder strap
- Equipment shelf, foot carpet, mesh...
- BladePort (holds player sticks)
- Dimensions: 33''H x 20''W x 17''D