This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Your batting performance will improve quite a lot if you can find a right bat. A well-made one can really boost your confidence and hitting skills. You totally can find a reasonable one with high-quality.
You should notice to get the length to match the height of players and correct weight. In this writing, I focus on the top 9 best youth baseball bats . There are several factors you should pay attention to get the best one for them. You can find the information in our buying guide.
- Top Best 9 Baseball Cleats For Wide Feet and Flat Feet (2020 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Baseball Caps For Small & Big Heads (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Baseball Gloves For Infielders, Outfielders & Catcher (2020 Reviews)
Let’s get started!
- The Best 9 Baseball Bats For Youth Players Of All Time (2020)
- #1 DeMarini 2014 CF6 Youth Baseball Bat
- #2 Rawlings Raptor USA Youth Baseball Bat
- #3 Louisville Slugger 2019 Prime 919 Youth Baseball Bat
- #4 Franklin Sports Youth Baseball Bat
- #5 EASTON Ghost X Hyperlite Youth Baseball Bat
- #6 Combat Maxum Youth Baseball Bat
- #7 Marucci CU26 Youth Baseball Bat
- #8 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced Youth Baseball Bat
- #9 Louisville Slugger Omaha Youth Baseball Bat
- Factors you should think through to get the best youth baseball bat
The Best 9 Baseball Bats For Youth Players Of All Time (2020)
There are a lot of brands with a wide range of prices on the market today. To narrow it down and make your shopping a stress-free work, I have summarized the information on the 9 best youth baseball bats below. Check it out!
#1 DeMarini 2014 CF6 Youth Baseball Bat
The DeMarini is an excellent bat that is really worth your money. It has a great design. Also, you can consider this as one of drop 10 winners.
The 2 piece D- Fushion handle helps you crack up the performance of the barrel, meanwhile the feel is improving. The handle is made of Carbon Reinforced Paradox Composite which can ultimately transfer the energy between ball and barrel.
The Patented Thermo Fused Taper is designed to enhance the sweet spot by pushing the ball when it has the contact and limiting the bad feedback to your hands. This bat is super durable.
The balanced feel design helps players swing the bat easily and more powerfully. Once you hit the ball, it is a sharp hit. It offers wonderful pop. The balls really fly a great distance.
- In the top drop 10 winners
- Great design
- 2 piece D- Fushion handle helps you crack up the performance of the barrel, meanwhile the feel is improving
- The handle is made of Carbon Reinforced Paradox Composite to ultimate the energy transfer between ball and barrel
- The Patented Thermo Fused Taper to enhance the sweet spot
- The balanced feel design helps to swing the bat easily and more powerfully
- Wonderful pop
- Balls fly great distance
- Higher price
#2 Rawlings Raptor USA Youth Baseball Bat
The Rawlings Raptor USA deserves being the best alloy bat for its decent performance. It is suitable for 12 years old or even younger, as it is lightweight and has a small frame. This is also a versatile and reasonable bat.
The bat is a perfect option for beginners. It can really develop the young players’ form. This gear comes with 2 designs and 4 lengths (from 27 to 30 inches). They don’t offer the standard 2 5/8 version. But thanks to this, the sweet pot of the bat can be reduced. At the same time, the bat can gain an unique swing speed.
This product got the certificate of the USA Baseball standard. Of course, you can bring it to tournaments such as Pony, Little League and Dixie Youth. The construction of this bat is quite good.
The bat is very easy to control. Above all, it is very responsive. The handle has a pre-wrapped tacky grip. This is to make sure that your bat is very comfortable to hold. And your palm will not be sore either.
- Suitable for beginners and 12 years old or younger
- Easy to control
- Comfortable to hold
- Very responsive
- Good construction
- Certified by the USA Baseball Standard
- Can be used in tournaments
- Affordable price
- It might bend if you don’t use the right size
#3 Louisville Slugger 2019 Prime 919 Youth Baseball Bat
The Louisville Slugger 2019 Prime 919 is a BBCOR baseball bat which is for High school or College players. You can’t really use them in younger leagues.
It owns a 3 piece-composite design with the advanced construction. The new LS Pro comfort grip is put on this bat to give you a premium feeling when you play. The RTX end cap is there to maximize barrel shape and makes you feel that the bat is a bit longer.
This bat features VCX vibration control connection which is highly appraised by many people. Thanks to this, you can separate the handle movement and the barrel. They don’t depend on each other.
The more awesome point is that your bat doesn’t really sting when you hit. All in all, you feel really comfortable when you play with this. One more thing, this bat meets USA standards and is approved to play in some leagues.
- Appropriate for High school / College players
- Advanced construction
- Pro comfort grip to give a premium feeling
- The RTX end cap to maximize barrel shape and makes you feel that the bat is a bit longer
- VCX vibration control connection to separate the handle movement and the barrel
- Don’t sting that much
- Very comfortable
- Meet USA standard and approved to play in some leagues
- No pop
#4 Franklin Sports Youth Baseball Bat
The Franklin Sports Youth Baseball Bat is a very economical choice for your children. If they just want to have fun and get to know baseball more, then go for this.
Technically, this is a tee-ball bat. But it works well for little league or backyard baseball. It has been tested to meet the standards of USA baseball. They approve of you to use this in league play.
The bat is made of a very durable aluminum alloy which can increase the pop and enhance its performance. It is also very lightweight. You can control it with ease. You kids can play perfectly.
The wide barrel is designed for a huge sweet spot. This is easy for a young player to make good contact and drive the ball. Around the handle, there is a batting tape for extra tacky grip. Even small hands can manage the bat head easily and have good swings.
- Perfect for kids
- A tee-ball that meets the standards of the USA baseball
- Made of a very durable aluminum alloy which can increase the pop and enhance its performance
- Very lightweight and easy to control
- Wide barrel for a huge sweet spot
- A batting tape for extra tacky grip
- Should check the size carefully to avoid getting a too small bat
#5 EASTON Ghost X Hyperlite Youth Baseball Bat
Kids and parents love the Easton Ghost X Hyperlite for its excellent performance and durability. Nowadays, it is more popular to use composite to make baseball bat.
This bat is constructed by advanced Carbon Technology 1-piece to give you a special feel. Added by the Hyperlite balanced design, this bat has very lightweight swing weight. More than that, it provides better hits with faster speed.
The product features new Speedcap which is more flexible than the previous version. This makes the barrel more responsive, at the same time, gives no noise when your bat contacts the ball.
The custom LIZARD skins bat grip actually offers the ultimate feel, tack and cushion. The bat appears in full red color with some black patterns which are very sporty.
- Excellent performance
- Constructed by advanced Carbon Technology 1-piece
- Composite material to make it durable
- The Hyperlite balanced design to give the bat very lightweight swing weight
- Hits with faster speed
- New Speedcap which is more flexible
- More responsive, at the same time, gives no noise when your bat contacts the ball
- Custom LIZARD skins bat grip actually offers the ultimate feel, tack and cushion
- The pop of this bat should improve
#6 Combat Maxum Youth Baseball Bat
The Combat Maxum is one of the best options for the youth who are playing in the senior league. This is also a suitable option for youth of all levels.
Compared to some other brands, the Maxum has the lightest and longest barrels. The diameter is 2.75”. This gives you more hitting surface.
It is made of 100% composite. A single piece carbon sleeve is designed through the bat to offer a great performance and durability. The Precision Molding Technology and Seamless Construction gives huge sweet spots and fast speed of swings.
A lot of people praise this bat for its pop. The Combat’s lizard skins grip can really enhance the comfort and bring no-slip tackiness. The manufacturer provide you 1 year of warranty.
- Suitable for youth of all levels, the best for senior league
- Light and long barrel to give more hitting surface
- 100% composite
- Precision Molding Technology and Seamless Construction to give huge sweet spots and fast speed swings
- Combat’s lizard skins grip to make it comfortable and tacky
- Good pop
- A bit of shock vibrations at the handle
#7 Marucci CU26 Youth Baseball Bat
If you don’t want a composite bat, this Marucci CU26 wood bat might be an option that you want to consider. It offers a perfect balance for the youth players to complete the control or practice to have greater bat speed.
This bat is handcrafted from top-quality maple which was bone rubbed for the best density. The traditional knob gives the bat good grip. It can be a very powerful bat. The large barrel offers more surface when you hit the ball. Once the bat has a solid contact, it will have a great sound “knock’. I love hearing it!
The Marucci CU26 is very consistent. It is also very light. It has a great pop. The ball really flies far when you do a good hit.
The bat comes in 4 sizes, from 27” to 31”. You can choose what fits your kids the most. The Marucci company offers a warranty of 30 day manufacturer.
- Great balance
- Handcrafted from top-quality maple
- Traditional knob
- Large barrel to give more surface
- Solid contact
- Consistent and lightweight
- Comes in 4 sizes
- 30 day manufacturer warranty
- Not as durable as expected
#8 DeMarini Voodoo Balanced Youth Baseball Bat
The DeMarini Voodoo is a top-end bat with the best grip. It is also very durable. They use the dual construction which offers a X14Alloy and a composite handle. This design gives a better performance and speed.
Let me explain to you more. The X14 Alloy Barrel is very lightweight. This is built to maximize the durability and pop of the bat. The handle is quite long and wrapped quite well which creates amazing grip.
With the combination of 3Fusion connection, this offers a low vibration, always keeping the energy in the barrel. The reaction end cap is constructed with lighter material. This also increases the performance of your barrel without limiting the swing speed.
The bat comes with 5 different sizes for you to choose (from 28” to 30”). The manufacturer gives you 1 year of warranty.
- Bat with best grip
- The dual construction to give better performance and speed
- Combined with 3Fusion connection to give low vibration and keep the energy in the barrel
- Reaction end cap to increase the barrel performance without limiting the swing speed
- 5 sizes to choose
- 1 year of warranty
#9 Louisville Slugger Omaha Youth Baseball Bat
The Louisville Slugger Omaha is suitable for those who need big barrels. This bat is also approved by the new USA Baseball Youth standard.
It is constructed by 1 piece 7-series alloy which features a huge sweet spot. This is quite unusual for an alloy bat. The handle of this bat has 7/8 inch standard with a synthetic leather fade grip.
The Louisville Slugger Omaha has a great pop. The price is very affordable. You won’t have to pay too much to have a high-quality bat. Apart from this, a lot of people are happy about the end cap design. It is very tough and durable. It can cope with punishment.
All in all, you won’t be disappointed about this investment. And if you are a hard hitter, you should highly consider this bat.
- Best barrel
- Approved by new USA Baseball Youth standard
- Constructed by 1 piece 7-series alloy to give a huge sweet spot
- Synthetic leather fade grip handle
- Great pop
- Affordable price
- Tough and durable end cap design to deal with punishment
- Suitable for hard hitter
- Heavier than some other bats
Factors you should think through to get the best youth baseball bat
They also use drop weight (length to weight ratio) to consider a bat’s performance. The way to calculate drop weight is minus the length of the bat from its weight. For example, a bat is 32 inches in length and weighs 24 pounds. So the drop weight is -8. A bat that has -13 drop weight will swing more easily than a -8 one.
In terms of the weight of a bat. Being too heavy or too light is not good. If it is too heavy, the bat will be difficult to control and swing. But the other way round, the hitter might lose the ability to hit the ball with the best power.
It is not simple to talk about choosing the right size in one short paragraph. So I highly recommend you to search for this information on the internet before purchasing a bat for your kids. But in general, you should look at length, barrel size, weight and drop weight.
3. Types of Bats
There are 4 main types of bats for you to choose: aluminum, composite, wood and hybrid.
Many producers call aluminum to be “alloy”. It is quite popular for kids in league sport. This type is lighter than the traditional wood ones. You don’t need to break in before using.
- Top 9 Best Baseball Bat for 10 Year Old To Buy Now (Reviews 2020)
- Top 5 Best Sunglasses for Baseball : Under Armour, Oakley or Woolike (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Baseball Glove for 8 Year Old: Mizuno, Wilson or Rawlings (2020 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Oils for Baseball Glove: Wilson, Rawlings or Mink (Reviews 2020)
The composite bats are the most expensive option. Because they use the most updated technology to build them. They are even lighter than the alloy, and you need to break in.
The hybrid is a combination of composite and aluminum. They are not as expensive as composite and still have the qualities of a composite bat.
Most youth leagues don’t allow the players to use wood bats. The coach normally uses this to train the kids the swing technique.
4. Other factors
Some other factors that you should pay attention to before buying a bat are follows: barrel, grip, knob, taper and cap. Different manufacturers have their own numbers on these parts.
What bat should a 13 year old use?
I highly suggest you choose a bat that has a length to weight ratio of -5. For instance, a 32” bat with 27 ounces of weight. It is manageable for them.
Do heavier bats hit further?
Actually that is kind of true. Using a heavier bat can faster hit balls. This means that the ball will fly further.
What type of baseball bat should I choose for self defense?
Overall, the aluminum bats are more chosen than the wood for self-defense because the wood ones are very heavy and you might feel uncomfortable when carrying. They are a bit harder to handle. You can rotate them easily because of heavy weight.
I hope you are clearer on what to choose for your children. It is not wrong to say “you get what you pay for” but it is not true all the time. There are a lot of other factors you should consider apart from price before purchasing a bat.
- Best Baseball Gloves For 10 Year Old Players: Outfielder and Infielder (2020 Reivews)
- Top 9 Best Baseball Pitching Machine – Indispensable Equipment For Training (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Baseball Radar Guns: Accurate Speed-Reading Devices (2020 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Baseball Bags: Rawlings, Franklin or DashSport (2020 List)
As long as you know what your kids want and what is the best for them, I believe you can get the best baseball bat. Good luck!